Adoption Tracking Tool
The Adoption Tracking Tool is designed to reduce time to adoption by using a standardized tool for tracking key benchmarks and time schedules for children legally free for adoption
What is the Adoption Tracking Tool?
The Adoption Tracking tool is a case reporting tool that will reduce time to adoption by:
- Establishing clear timelines and benchmarks, and
- Providing a tool for agency workers and court/legal system to assist with communication of roles, responsibilities, and process.
What are the benefits of the adoption tracking tool?
- Clarifying and streamlining procedures for timely adoption
- Improving communication between caseworkers and courts
- Expanding efforts to identify barriers to timely adoption
- Increasing collaborative accountability
- Kansas ranks 5th worst in the nation in non-permanent discharges from foster care and 7th worst nationally in time to adoption.
- Time to adoption has increased 18% in Kansas since 2015.
The Adoption Tracking Tool Process
From collaboration to shared goals
Courts and caseworkers
Court collaboration was made possible by the Kansas Supreme Court Task Force on Permanency Planning, the Kansas Office of Judicial Administration, and the Kansas Court Improvement Program.
Kansas Strong for Children and Families
The Adoption Tracking Tool is one strategy of Kansas Strong for Children and Families, a federally-funded initiative that aims to support Kansas child welfare as a collaborative, data-driven system that achieves positive outcomes for children’s well-being, safety, and permanency.About Kansas Strong
Stay in Touch
For more information on Kansas Strong for Children and Families, please contact Project Director and Principle Investigator Becci Akin, PhD, at email@example.com or email project staff using the link below.