BSW and MSW Licensing
Social work is a licensed profession in the states of Kansas and Missouri. In Kansas, the agency charged with regulating social work licensure is the Behavioral Sciences Regulatory Board (BSRB). In the state of Missouri, it is Division of Professional Registration – State Committee for Social Workers. For more information, please contact the boards directly: BSRB in Kansas at 785-296-3240 and the State Committee for Social Workers in Missouri at 573-751-0885. BSW and MSW students who are in their last semester of degree requirements may start the process of applying for the appropriate level of licensure.
Kansas State Licensing:
- MSW graduates may sit for their LMSW exam 4 months prior to graduation (degree conferring) date, not ceremony attendance. Paperwork for licensing in the state of Kansas may be found on the BSRB website.
- In the Verification of Academic Requirements section of the form, please write “SEE KU LIST” – Once you file your Application for Graduation, your name is sent to the BSRB on a monthly bases. Students who have not filed an AFG will not have their names added to the list for licensing verification
- We expedite conferring MSW degrees for licensing purposes:
- Spring 2021 MSW degrees will be conferred by June 1 – order your degree conferring transcript on the KU Office of the University Registrar website.
- Summer 2021 MSW degrees will be conferred the week after the last day to submit grades (by August 13) - order your degree conferring transcript on the KU Office of the University Registrar website.
Fall 2021 Licensure Prep Workshop will be offered and when information is available it will be listed here and on the School's calendar.
Licensing Prep Events
The University Career Center (UCC) offers a wide range of quality services designed to support and challenge students at all points on the career development and implementation path, including numerous opportunities to connect with leading employers from around the country and the world.University Career Center
Our degree programs at all levels are consistently rated as excellent by experts and alumni, and, especially, by those who employ our graduates. Whether they enter the arena of professional social work practice or take on social work researcher/educator, our graduates report that they are well equipped to succeed.Alumni Spotlights