Child Welfare Certificate
What are the requirements for the certificate?
- SW 601 Field Practicum with an agency that is working with children and families as part of the child welfare system - 12 hours*
- Undergraduate mini-course SW 634 Social Work Practice in Child Welfare - 1.5 hours
- One additional mini-course: SW 631Interpersonal Violence; SW 632 Substance Use and Abuse or SW 633 Crisis Intervention - 1.5 hours
- SW 610 and SW 612 Practicum Seminars with a child welfare emphasis - 6 hours
- Applied Behavioral Science and Psychology general education requirement for the BSW program - 6 hours
How to apply?
- Complete the form to apply by December 1.
* Field practicum provisions
- Practicums in the child welfare system are limited and will be prioritized for students pursuing the Certificate in Child Welfare
- Practicums that meet the criteria for the Certificate will be assigned as opposed to selected by the student
- As with any other practicum, students must successfully interview with the assigned agency
- Students are required to attend a meeting with the Field Education Office for resume and interview preparation
- The Field Education Office will work to accommodate requests and match students to a practicum that meets their career goals