Dr. Jen earned her MSW and PhD from the University of Washington in Seattle. Her research addresses the intersections of social work, gerontology, and sexuality and aims to improve the health and well-being of diverse aging populations with a particular focus on women and LGBTQ communities.
- Intergenerational and aging practice
- Aging and sexuality
- End-of-life care
- Historical and theoretical foundations of social work practice and policy
- And research methods.
- Aging and the life course
- Health and well-being of LGBTQ older adults
- Sexuality and sexual experiences of older women
- Qualitative, creative, and mixed-methods research.
Selected Awards & Honors
University of Washington
2017 - 2018
Hartford Center of Excellence, University of Washington
2014 - 2015