Social Welfare News
- December 15, 2014Graduate Studies Diversity Fellowship Available – Apply by January 15
- December 3, 2014Study shows importance of starting savings early
PhD info session today cancelled and rescheduled for Saturday, November 22, 2014
Ph.D. Information Session | School of Social Welfare
A Ph.D. Could Be In Your Future Come to our information session to hear more about a Ph.D. in social work, including admission criteria, coursework and financial aid opportunities at the University of Kansas School of Social Welfare. Snacks will be provided. Tuesday, November 11, 2014 Noon to 12:30…
The goal of the University of Kansas School of Social Welfare doctoral program is to prepare students to become leaders nationally and internationally in advancing social work practice and policy through research, teaching, and scholarship. Our students graduate from the program with the critical knowledge and skills they need to become innovative stewards of the discipline who generate and disseminate knowledge as researchers, scholars and educators.
- One of 34 U.S. public institutions in the prestigious Association of American Universities
- 26 prestigious Rhodes Scholars — more than all other Kansas colleges combined
- Nearly $290 million in financial aid annually
- 46 nationally ranked graduate programs.
—U.S. News & World Report
- Top 50 nationwide for size of library collection.
- 23rd nationwide for service to veterans —"Best for Vets," Military Times
- December 25, 2014
- Foundation makes $5,000 commitment to KU Statehouse Wire Service