...because people deserve lives with dignity™
  • Home
  • Resources
  • For Students

Resources for Students

Advising + MSW Plan Change Info »

Academic advising information for B.S.W., M.S.W., and Ph.D. degree students in the School of Social Welfare.

Behavioral Health Scholars Program

Information for current and prospective Scholars who are clinical M.S.W. students committed to working in integrated behavioral health with youth.

Field Education

Helpful resources for social work degree students currently involved in Field Education.

Graduate Student Travel Funds

Find out more about travel funding for graduate students making presentations.

Grievance Procedures

This policy document articulates the procedures for hearing grievances arising in Social Welfare.


Academic handbooks for students enrolled in the B.S.W., M.S.W., and Ph.D. degree programs at the School of Social Welfare.

Job Opportunities

View job opportunities that are available in your field of study through the University Career Center.


Learn more about B.S.W. and M.S.W. licensing information.

Master Syllabi

Master Syllabus for an individual course is a template that is used by individual instructors to develop their course. This template specifies content, outcomes, and resources for B.S.W., M.S.W., and Ph.D. programs.

M.S.W. Forms

Helpful forms for students in the School of Social Welfare Master’s degree program.  

School of Social Welfare Student Positions & Position Descriptions

Student representatives are always needed in various capacities to provide input and feedback to the School and to support our educational mission. Elections for each academic year are held in the fall of that year. If you’re interested in getting involved with the School and have questions about any of the positions, please feel free to contact Kristin Trendel at katrendel@ku.edu.

Faculty Search



Social Welfare Events
Follow Social Welfare

Follow KU SSW on FacebookFollow KU SSW on TwitterFollow KU SSW on YouTube