About the Campaign
To enlist the support of alumni and friends – to build capacity and achieve aspirations – KU has launched a $1.2 billion comprehensive fundraising campaign. Far Above: The Campaign for Kansas will advance KU and The University of Kansas Hospital, and benefit every corner of the state. Far Above seeks support to educate future leaders, advance medicine, accelerate discovery and drive economic growth to seize the opportunities of the future.
Major campaign goals include:
- Improve student success and expand opportunities;
- Drive discovery, outreach and innovation;
- Prepare leaders for Kansas and beyond; and
- Emerge as a top-tier research university.
Read the full campaign case statement (pdf)
A Vision for the School of Social Welfare
Our vision is an audacious one: changing social work practice and social policy to support greater dignity, respect and empowerment for the people and communities served by the social work profession. We challenge our students to think critically and dig deeper to understand the underlying causes and human costs of social problems and to advocate for needed change. We use our research expertise to discover better ways to address critical problems in our communities and to empower organizations that keep our communities responsive to human rights and aspirations.
- Increase support for student scholarships, retentioninitiatives and study abroad classes
- Expand doctoral research and support for doctoral students
- Invest in the Dean’s Opportunity Fund
- Promote research by providing assistantships and support for infrastructure development
- Attract talented scholars by increasing support for endowed and visiting professorships
- Bring research findings to the practice community through lectures and conferences