MSW Program Overview & Expectations
These chats are all open to students at any campus location. Students received the zoom link in an email sent on April 20 from Ashley Anguiano Gomez, email@example.com. Please contact her by email if you have any questions.
Wednesday, May 27 at 5:30 p.m. CST
Thursday, May 28 at Noon CST
Saturday, May 30 at noon CST
If you've already watched the Advising Presentation and just want to scan through to a specific section, below is a timestamped listing of the topics.
00:31 - Code of Ethics
01:06 - Academic Advisors
02:35 - Faculty Advisors
03:40 - Student Success Resources
04:12 - Expectations and Advancement
04:19 - How to find the MSW Student Handbook
05:53 - Important dates
06:27 - Degree requirements and completion worksheets
07:22 - Academic holds
08:56 - Finding holds and the myKU portal
10:26 - Finding your faculty advisor
11:08 - Advising Report
12:40 - Blackboard
14:02 - Schedule of Classes
16:00 - Enroll & Pay
17:26 - How to enroll or change schedule
18:43 - View weekly class schedule
20:05 - Finding textbooks
21:09 - Billing
21:41 - Financial Aid
22:21 - Financial Aid Counselor Contact Info
22:35 - Residency, MetroKC Rate, VA Benefits
23:07 - MSW Licensure
25:58 - Academic Advisor contact info
These chats are set-up for students to check-in and meet their advisor after viewing the online Advanced Standing Orientation content above. Students received the zoom link in an email sent on April 20 from Ashley Anguiano Gomez, firstname.lastname@example.org. Please contact her by email if you have any questions.
Edwards Campus students:
Saturday, May 23 at Noon CST
Tuesday, May 26 at 5:30 p.m. CST
Lawrence, Hays, Pittsburg students:
Wednesday, May 27 at 4:30 p.m. CST
Thursday, May 28 at 1:00 p.m. CST
Orientation Book (If you maximize the Issuu screen, you will find a download arrow on the upper left side of the screen, which allows you to download the book as a PDF.)
KUID Card instructions
- Students may submit their KU Card photo via the Web Card Center by following the instructions found here.
- Lawrence students may pick-up their KU Card after receiving a confirmation email from the KU Card Center at Price Computing Center. Students will need to present a government-issued photo ID to obtain their KU Card.
- Note: Card distribution location may change to the KU Card Center located on Level 4 of the Kansas Union when the Kansas Union reopens and resumes operations. Check the KU Card Center website for specifics.
- Edwards students will be able to pick up their KU Card at the KU Edwards Campus when it reopens. Students will need to present a government-issued photo ID to obtain their KU Card.
- Partnership site students will have their KU Cards delivered to them by a School of Social Welfare faculty or staff member this fall when classes begin.